To: 02/11/2017 10:00 AM
47 North St
Richmond, Victoria 3121
Food For Thought and Social Opportunity Group are excited to present our second Competencia de Arte Latte (Latte Art Competition) in Melbourne.
Compete against the some of the best baristas in Melbourne and fight it out for the title of Arte Latte Maestro (Latte Art Master). If you don’t have the coffee skills come on down and check out the show. There will be coffee, beers and eats available.
Entry is by raffle or gold coin donation. All money raised on the night will go directly to ‘Food for Thought’ and our project in Monte Chingolo.
LATTE ART RULES
Registration – 18:00
Competitor briefing - 18:20
Competition start - 18:30
This is a tournament run by a ladder system; there must be an even amount of competitors to balance the numbers. Competitors names will be drawn out at the start in pairs and the winner of each pair will go on to the next pairing until only two remain and a winner is announced.
Each competitor will have one pour only. There is a limit of 3 minutes. Competitors do not have to pull their own shots.
A. Competitor Signup
• Limited to 16 competitors.
• Competitors are by invite only.
• In order to participate, the competitor must have experience with espresso preparation and the equipment used to do so. In addition, the competitor must have experience pouring milk-based beverages.
B. Competition Time/Competitor Requirements
• Competitor will have his or her number called, and must be available and ready to compete while the number that is 2 before them is currently competing.
• Competitor will have 3 minutes total behind the machine. It is not necessary to fill the whole 3 minutes.
• Competitors do not have to pull their own shots, they will be poured for them.
• Each competitor will get one jug of milk, and only one opportunity to steam.
• Spilled milk will be handled case by case.
• Competitor can bring his or her own jug of choice.
• Espresso and milk are provided, and those are the only choices. Competitors MAY NOT bring their own espresso or milk.
• The latte art be must free pour, no etching or sauces allowed. Only ingredients will be espresso and milk.
• Once the drinks are poured the competitor will place it on the designated space to be judged.
• The drinks will be judged in 4 categories:
- Balance & Symmetry
- Colour Infusion & Definition
- Use of Space
- Overall Impression