To: 25/09/2019 11:00 AM
Food For Thought and Social Opportunity Group are excited to present our fourth and biggest Competencia de Arte Latte (Latte Art Competition) in Melbourne.
Due to popular demand, we’ll be holding the event across three week, two heats plus the final.
HEAT 1 – WEDNESDAY 18 SEPTEMBER 2019
Mayday Coffee and Food
410 Bridge Road
RICHMOND VIC 3121
HEAT 2 – WEDNESDAY 25 SEPTEMBER 2019
103-107 Errol Street
NORTH MELBOURNE VIC 3051
FINAL – WEDNESDAY 2 OCTOBER 2019
Maker Fine Coffee
47 North Street
RICHMOND VIC 3121
TASTY EATS AND DRINKS AVAILABLE ALL NIGHT.
Invite friends to come down and cheer you on. Join us in the fun, the drinks, the eats and the prizes (raffle).
You will be competing against some of the best baristas in Melbourne and fight it out for the title of Arte Latte Maestro (Latte Art Master).
Total prize pool $500 + coffee toys.
Entry is $20.00 per heat and available online only.
LATTE ART RULES
Registration – 18:00
Competitor briefing - 18:20
Competition start - 18:30
Each heat will be limited to 32 competitors with the top 8 from each heat going into the final.
All registered competitors must be in attendance by 18:20 for the briefing. Any registered competitors not in attendance by 18:20 will be disqualified. Entry fees will not be refunded.
This is a tournament run by a ladder system; there must be an even amount of competitors to balance the numbers. Competitors names will be drawn out at the start in pairs and the winner of each pair will go on to the next pairing until only two remain and a winner is announced.
Each competitor will have one pour only. There is a limit of 3 minutes. Competitors do not have to pull their own shots.
1. Competitor Sign up
- Limited to 32 competitors.
- Competitors are by entry only.
- In order to participate, the competitor must have experience with espresso preparation and the equipment used to do so. In addition, the competitor must have experience pouring milk-based beverages.
2. Competition Time/Competitor Requirements
- Competitors will have his or her number called and must be available and ready to compete while the number that is 2 before them is currently competing.
- Competitors will have 3 minutes total behind the machine. It is not necessary to fill the whole 3 minutes.
- Competitors do not have to pull their own shots, they will be poured for them.
- Each competitor will get one jug of milk, and only one opportunity to steam.
- Spilled milk will be handled case by case.
- The competitor can bring his or her own jug of choice.
- Espresso and milk are provided, and those are the only choices. Competitors MAY NOT bring their own espresso or milk.
- The latte art be must free pour, no etching or sauces allowed. Only ingredients will be espresso and milk.
- Once the drinks are poured the competitor will place it on the designated space to be judged.
- The drinks will be judged in 4 categories:
- Balance & Symmetry
- Colour Infusion & Definition
- Use of Space
- Overall Impression